TENANT - LANDLORD RENTAL CONTRACT
*this is an example of the contract and cannot be used for official purposes (prices and dates my be different)
OLD FARM COMPANY
TENANT – LANDLORD RENTAL CONTRACT
This contract is made and executed in duplicate this _______ day of ____ , 20 ____ , by and between OLD FARM COMPANY, 777 East 1000 North Logan, Utah 84321, (435) 752-7501 (hereinafter called “Landlord”) and Student (hereinafter called “Tenant”).
Location of rental unit: 777 East 1000 North, Logan, Utah.
- The Landlord agrees to provide the following accommodation: Apartment with cooking facilities.
- The term of this contract shall be for the ENTIRE SUMMER of 2019 beginning May 2021 and ending August 2021 and/or the ENTIRE ACADEMIC YEAR of 2020-2021 beginning August 2021 and ending May 2022.
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE: The tenant agrees to pay the Landlord the amount specified below on the dates specified below with a $20.00 service charge for all returned checks.
- No more tenants will be allowed in any apartment than the number specified at the beginning of the school year/summer. However, the Landlord does not guarantee full occupancy. No overnight guests are allowed in the apartment without prior verbal permission from all roommates and management.
Summer 2021 Prices – Phase 2 Shared Summer 2021 Prices – Phase 2 Private
|Options||Due April 1st||Due May 1st||Options||Due April 1st||Due May 1st|
|1 payment||$750.00||1 payment||$950|
|2 payment||$375.00||$375||2 payment||$475||$475|
School Year 2021-2022 Prices—Phase 1 Shared School Year 2021-2022 Prices—Phase 2 Shared
|1 Payment||$2900||1 Payment||$3100|
|2 Payment||$1450||$1450||2 Payment||$1550||$1550|
|4 Payment||$750||$750||$750||$750||4 Payment||$800||$800||$800||$800|
School Year 2021-2022 Prices—Phase 2 Private
If your payment is not received on or before the last due dates you selected, your reservation, $300.00 deposit, and half of your previous payments will be forfeited.
Cancellations made prior to June 1 are subject to $50.00 forfeit of the $300.00 Deposit. Cancellations made after June 1 forfeit the entire $300.00 Deposit and half of rent paid.
NOTE: These prices do not include the $300.00 Security Deposit, but they do include utilities, internet and cable.
- The Tenant has paid $300.00 to the Landlord to be used as a security deposit. $50 is non-refundable. Charges against the security deposit may be made for the following reasons:
- a) Damages to the rental unit over and above normal wear and tear.
- b) Cleaning expenses – for failed cleaning checks done by management’s discretion and/or to cover expenses of hired cleaners if necessary.
- c) Failure to fulfill the reservation
- d) Excessive utility use.
- Security Deposit refund: The Security Deposit as adjusted for the above provisions shall be refunded within 30 days of the termination of this contract unless applied at Landlord’s discretion toward rent due and owing or as provided in Special Provisions below.
Contracts may only be sold through the office with landlord’s approval. Rent money is non-refundable unless contract is sold.
Both parties to this contract agree that in their respective roles as Tenant and Landlord they will make a reasonable effort to maintain the rental unit in a safe and sanitary condition; to protect and maintain the facility; The tenant agrees to a 10:30 p.m. quiet time. The tenant will be required from 10:30 p.m. through the remaining evening to keep the sound level down to respect the peace and privacy of the other party and other tenants; and will strive to maintain a living standard that is in harmony with good moral conduct and the values implied therein. The Landlord shall have the right of entry to the facilities for purposes of inspection or repair, and shall also maintain the right to evict the Tenant for cause. Landlord is not responsible for damage to Tenant’s personal property. It is recommended that Tenant obtain insurance against such losses. It is Tenant’s responsibility to report any leaks or other conditions which may give rise to damage to the premises.
- Absolutely no smoking or vaping of any kind, use or possession of tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs on the premises, including public areas. All guests are the responsibility of the tenants and must abide by the same rules. Pets are not allowed in apartments or anywhere on the Old Farm premises. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on grass or sidewalks.
- All contract transfers, terminations, and check-out procedures must be cleared through the office accompanied by appropriate release forms.
- $50.00 of the deposit is non-refundable for all contracts. These deductions will be made regardless of the tenant’s length of stay. Balance will be returned to Tenant providing there is no damage to the apartment, furniture or building, and all provisions of this contract have been complied with.
- The tenant agrees to vacate the premises upon five days’ notice for breach of any portion of this contract, in which case the entire contract amount, including the security deposit, shall be subject to forfeiture.
- In the event of default, the defaulting party shall pay all costs, expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred.
- Landlord is not responsible for loss due to fire or theft of personal belongings.
- The undersigned Tenant hereby acknowledges receipt of a copy of this contract.
- All terms of this contract have been read and accepted by the undersigned parties.
OLD FARM APARTMENTS 777 EAST 1000 NORTH LOGAN UT 84321
435-752-7501 [email protected] www.digthefarm.com